Cleft Chin Creation in the Philippines
What is Cleft Chin Creation?
A cleft chin or chin dimples is specifically a chin with a Y-shaped dimple down the middle. Chin dimples are beautiful and very identifiable. Popular celebrities like John Travolta and Sandra Bullock are known and loved for their cleft chins. Alternatively, some may be interested in emphasizing or creating a cleft in their chin.
Candidates for Cleft Chin Creation
Candidates for Cleft Chin surgery are:
- People over the age of 21 who would like to have cleft chin or chin dimple
- They should be in good overall health
- Have no allergies or health conditions
- Should not smoke
- Should be able to take good care of their skin post treatment.
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and recreational drug use (including steroids)
- Previous surgeries
Your surgeon may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs for your medical records
- Discuss your options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of chin surgery correction and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the use of anesthesia during your procedure
The consultation is the time to ask your surgeon questions. It’s very important to understand all aspects of your surgical procedure. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your surgeon.
Risks and Safety
- excessive bleeding
- undesirable results
You can help to reduce these risks by telling your doctor if you:
- have central or obstructive sleep apnea
- use drugs or alcohol
- are obese
- have diabetes
- have high blood pressure or heart disease
- take aspirin or warfarin
- have lung or kidney disease
All of these factors can make surgery more dangerous. It’s also important to be prepared for a long recovery period. While your surgeon can estimate how long you’ll need to recover, that timeline varies from person to person. You may recovery faster or slower, depending on your overall health and the type of surgery you have. If at any point you feel your chin isn’t healing properly, contact us immediately. We need to make some adjustments or ensure you don’t have an infection.
In preparing for cleft chin creation, you may be asked to:
- Secure written consent
- Take standard pre-op photograph
- Give prophylactic antibiotic at least 1 hour prior to surgery
- Wash face and neck with soap and water
- Position patient on the operating table (semi-recumbent position)
- Clean face and neck with alcohol swab
- Placement of operative marking
- Surgery is done in the clinic, under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis.
- It takes less than 45 minutes to finish the procedure.
- Cleft Chin surgery doesn’t require extensive incisions; thus you can expect lower risk of infection, less pain and discomfort, reduced risks of complications and rapid recovery time.
- You may or may not experience slight discomfort for a few hours after the anesthesia wears off.
How To Correct A Deep Cleft Chin
There are various surgical procedures that can be applied to correct a cleft chin, but end results may vary depending on invasiveness, permanence and cost.
Dermal fillers are synthetic soft tissues that are injected into the dimple or chin cleft. This procedure is simple and can be done in an office setting within a few minutes. Before injecting the fillers, a plastic surgeon first has to determine if the cleft requires a superficial or deeper injection depending on the depth of the cleft. These fillers are not permanent and they can last six to twelve months. They are considered safe and reversible.
Botox injections minimize the appearance of a cleft by paralyzing the chin muscles. The effects are not permanent as well and only last a few months. To achieve a synergistic effect, surgeons combine Botox with fillers.
If you are looking for permanent results, plastic surgeons often recommend fat grafting. This procedure utilizes the patient’s body fat as filler. A surgeon removes a small amount of fat from the belly area and using liposuction, he transfers the fat into the central chin. This procedure is known to increase the overall size of the chin.
Genioplasty is a cosmetic surgery that is done on the chin. A surgeon modifies the jaw bone or adjusts the location of the chin muscles to correct a chin cleft. The results of this procedure are permanent. Unlike other procedures, Genioplasty is costlier and requires a longer recovery time. To achieve a rounder shape, chin implants can also be used.
- Your surgeon will put a facial bandage on the operated area, which will be removed on the 3rd day. Stitches will be removed on the 7th day.
- While you’re recuperating at home, you need to call the clinic from time to time to check your healing progress.
- You can go back to work the next day or after a day of rest following your surgery, but avoid strenuous activities like contact sports and exercise that can injure your face.
- Healing period is 7 to 10 days.
- After a few weeks, you will notice that the operated area is already taking shape; the dimples or the cleft chin is becoming more apparent and feels natural, like you are born with it. Final results can be seen after a month.
What to expect in Cleft Chin Creation
Keep in mind that Cleft Chin Creation will take several weeks to months for results to appear. It is important to note that a very prominent chin cleft is very difficult to completely reverse using surgery alone in order to maintain a natural appearance.