Fat Transplant in the Philippines
What is Fat Transplant?
Candidates for Fat Transplant
Candidates for fat transfer must be in:
- General good health for safety reasons.
- Patients must have enough fat to be used for the desired type of transfer—more for fat transfer to the buttocks or hips, less for fat transfer to the face. Prior liposuction can create scar tissue, limiting potential harvest sites.
- Patients should have realistic expectations for the procedure, and explore all available treatment options before making a decision.
Our doctors will help you decide if fat transplant tor another procedure will give you the results you’re looking for, as well as ensure you are a good candidate. You will be able to ask any questions you may have about the procedure and learn more about the surgery, recovery, risks, and results. Your fat transfer consultation is a valuable opportunity to get to know us and prepare for your surgery.
Risks and Safety
As well as having the same risks as other surgical fat transfer operations, additional risks of the BBL include:
- a serious skin infection (cellulitis)
- lumpy scars (contour deformity)
The latest evidence suggests fat should only be injected into the tissue under the skin (subcutaneously), and never directly into the muscle of the bottom.
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
A fat transfer may be performed in an accredited office-based surgical facility, licensed ambulatory surgical center or a hospital.
If your fat transfer is performed on an outpatient basis, be sure to arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery and to stay with you for at least the first night following surgery.
During the first part of the treatment, fat is gently removed from the harvest sites through small incisions and the areas contoured for a more aesthetically-pleasing silhouette.
Harvested fat is then gently strained and prepared for injection, with minimal handling or manipulation to help assure good graft survival. This purified fat is then injected into any of the following areas:
- Buttocks, for improving volume and refining roundness and contour
- Hips, for enhancing an hourglass figure
- Face, for filling in wrinkles and restoring lost volume
- Breasts or stomach, for smoothing out irregularities
- Other areas, such as depressed scars from prior trauma
In some cases, the surgeon may overfill treated areas during the injection process. This is because some of the fat will fail to establish a blood supply and eventually die, being disposed of or absorbed by the body and reducing overall volume gained from the procedure. By overfilling the area, permanent volume will be more in line with patient expectations.
- You’ll need to arrange for someone to drive you home after the procedure.
- You can start driving again when you’re able to do so without experiencing any discomfort.
- The treated areas will probably be quite bruised and swollen for a few weeks. You may want to take a couple of weeks off work.
- It can take up to 6 months for a surgical fat transfer to fully take effect, as some of the injected fat may be reabsorbed by your body during the first few months after the procedure.
- Swelling usually diminishes from the third day on, and social activities can be restarted after about one week, sometimes with the help of some make-up.
The only incisions involved with fat transfer are those caused by the liposuction surgery used for fat harvest. The fat injection process that follows is minimally invasive. Therefore, people often experience only a brief recovery period, getting back to normal activities quickly. Patients should expect to take about a week off to rest and heal following surgery. Bruising, swelling, and discomfort are normal side effects, but any pain can be controlled with medication, and should subside within a few days.
What to expect in Fat Transplant
Results appear gradually over a period of months as swelling goes down and the grafted fat establishes itself in the treated areas. Patients can expect to see final results from the procedure after about 6 months.
Before and After Pictures